March 14, 2014
Our boat work progress has been nonexistent for the past few weeks (other than the hired work for the deck repairs and paint), as our schedules are not gybing with another trip down to Mexico for the moment. But that doesn’t mean that we aren’t buying boat parts, supplies, spares, etc. That, also, doesn’t mean we have been slackers on other tasks as well. Check this out…
So that was a little recap of some recent activity. Our plans were to have the house on the market by now, but we still have some last-minute work to do:
- Full interior repaint (painter starts Monday)
- 8 floor tiles replaced (DIY soon)
- Repair sprinkler system and seed lawn for grass (I had boycotted grass for the past two years to conserve water and $$$. Grass in the desert seems dumb to me but I guess people like it when they are house shopping because it is pretty. Never mind the absolute waste of water, a very limited resource, that we rely on from Colorado to keep our own lawns and the 100+ golf courses in the Valley looking forever green.)
- Install new vanity lights and towel bars once paint is complete
- Sell, sell, sell more stuff!
Once these tasks are wrapped, sell and sail we will!
*Boring boat related question-
I am really struggling with laying out big $$$ for 300 feet of new 3/8 anchor chain plus a new anchor. s/v YOLO currently has 200 feet of 5/16 chain with a 55lb Delta anchor. She will probably be weighing a little over 30,000 pounds once we are fully loaded up for cruising. Keep in mind that we intend to be spending A LOT of time on the hook.
- Is the current tackle too skimpy?
- If we do upsize the chain, would we need a new windlass gypsy to accommodate the different link size?